Sunday, January 22, 2012

Dance Part Two

My students vs. my daughter

She's a Catamount. We're the Lakers. My school's colors are blue and green. Hers are blue and white.

I wore blue.

Gym class was not my thing in high school, so that room was not my favorite place. To see her out there, so calm and cool and graceful, was pretty amazing. She says she slipped once, but I didn't see it. To me, she owned the floor. I had no idea when I was a kid that I'd ever have a daughter out there on that floor where I'd been such a great non-athlete. Time does strange things.

I cheered for everybody, because I think everybody in high school deserves a cheer.

The score?  My daughter's team took second to my school's first place. Of course, I was a supportive parent first and foremost.

(Yeah, Lakers! The best! Totally awesome!)

No comments:

Post a Comment