Monday, April 23, 2012

Silent One has a Cover!



I saw this for the first time yesterday, and I'm still speechless. It's just so perfect.

The artist who put this together from the vague concepts I gave her (um... canoe? Outer space?) is just fantastic. This is from my own photo of my own canoe and paddle, and my husband's life jacket. My oldest daughter helped me take a bunch of photos back in November before the pond froze. I knew then that I'd like the canoe to be on the cover, somehow, and I knew that everything would be frozen when it came time to submit any photos the artist might be able to use.

I couldn't be more excited! I mean, who wouldn't buy this book just for the cover?

It's really starting to sink in that in another few months, I'll have two novels in print. (Then I think about how  much work there is still to go -- two sets of proofreader comments to work through, then the final version to check one last time. It gets harder to go through each time, because I can change fewer and fewer things, until it's too late and it's finished and all on its own.)

Writing novels and raising kids has so much in common...

I just hope this thing will live up to its cover.


4 comments:

  1. That's fantastic! (and yes, I know I'm more than a little late to the party, but oh well). :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Any comment is never too late!

      Delete