Saturday, August 11, 2012

We're Back!


We had a wonderful time, but most of the trip was so foggy that we couldn't even see the light in the lighthouse from the shore. Still, the weather is what I love most about Maine. You can go to the same place over and over, and it's never the same. This is the Nubble Light on Cape Neddick, in York, Maine, yesterday. The sound of the fog horn was mysterious and wonderful.



The same place several years ago for comparison. 




Ring Billed Gull




Foam Patterns




Beach Art


I went swimming, I ate seafood, and I refreshed my soul.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kari Jo, I came across your photo of Nubble in the fog while googling for foggy Maine lighthouses. I need a photo like that for my blog. I am a pre-pub YA writer in Maine and the book I've just finished features a lighthouse (the MC lives with her uncle who is the lightkeeper). I'm wondering if you would let me use it? If not, I certainly understand. Please email me at rhiannwn @ yahoo.com (remove spaces) I will give you photo credit of course and a link on my blog to yours:)

    ReplyDelete