Wednesday, May 8, 2013

First Nighttime Swim

We officially opened the pool last week and I've been dipping in and out every day since May 2nd. With the outside temps in the low 80s, it's felt wonderful! Two and a half weeks without rain (almost unheard of here) has left Vermont very dry. For the first time I've been able to remember, we've had forest fires throughout my county, one which threatened my in-law's home and one which threatened some of my mother's farm. Yikes! Fortunately, the weather broke today and we've been having gentle showers since mid afternoon.

Tonight, I decided to start my traditional dip before bed. I've never done it this early in the year before, with the spring peepers in full chorus. I had a big toad jump off the cool, wet patio tiles on to my foot as I passed. That was a bit -- surprising. Rather him than a bear, though, so all is good.

I'm probably not going for a swim before breakfast though. Maybe this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment