Saturday, November 2, 2013

It's Snowing!

Yes, officially. Just looked outside and there was white stuff coming down, mixed in with the rain. We are SOO not ready for winter yet. But I do have my snow tires on! (okay, I'll admit it -- I never had them taken off last spring. I just ran them all summer knowing that we're going to trade my car this fall.) And we actually started car shopping this afternoon. Holy cow, cars have gotten fancy. They're like driving computers around, they've got so many screens in them. I mean, my car's ten years old and our van is the cheapest, most base model we could find to cart Dennis's drums around in. We've never had a car that even told us the temperature. Now we're looking at cars that show you what's going on behind you when you're backing up and have places to sych in your iPod! Creepy. (Okay, my iPod is one the girls cast off years ago and Alaria told me NOT to ever bring to school if I wanted to keep my cool factor intact. And while I'm on the subject, I still have a stupid phone. Not like I want an iPhone or anything!!!

And we're getting ready for another flash trip to Florida. While we're on the subject of my deficiencies, I haven't flown for thirty years. Really. I've traveled a whole lot, but always by car, usually with camping gear, kids, and pets. And my last flight was back in the days when all you had to worry about was your plane crashing. It's a little overwhelming, the lists of what not to bring and how to pack what you can bring. And everyone is telling me that I'll be red flagged since I'm not in the security system yet. It will be good research for future stories. Yup.

Anyway, we're going to the Celebration of Life ceremony for our dear friend George Peters, my long time summer next door neighbor and my summer father. I still can't believe he's gone, but I'm utterly convinced that he's sailing between the stars now to his heart's content.


No comments:

Post a Comment